At Allworth Homes, we pride ourselves in providing a seamless journey to building your brand new home. Whether you’re a first home buyer, investor, upsizing or downsizing, building a home is a big deal. We realise how exciting, and challenging, the process can be so we aim to make it as easy as possible for you.
These are our steps to building your dream home.
1. BUDGET: Your borrowing capacity will obviously influence the home you can choose. So, before settling on a design you love, have a chat with your lender. Get a pre-approval for a loan so you can get started straight away to find your dream home. Our friendly and experienced New Home Consultants can advise on the home designs that sit within your budget.
2. RESEARCH: Find a home you love then a block to suit OR buy a block then look for your dream home? With lots sizes becoming increasingly standardised, most designs will probably suit. Some new estates have design guidelines you should be aware of relating to looks and home size.
Tip: With your budget in mind, try to limit your shopping to designs that fit it. You may get some inspiration from homes outside your budget but you might get bamboozled too!
We encourage all of our customers to really look at all options before making the final decision on what to be quoted for. Our New Home Consultants are there to work with you to find the best possible outcome, so don’t be afraid to ask lots of questions!
3. QUOTE: Once you’ve decided on your new home design, it’s time to crunch the numbers. Our Site Supervisors will visit your land to conduct a detailed assessment, and, with just a small payment of $500, we can also get a Registered Surveyor on site to determine the exact placement of the home. This forms part of your deposit and will get the ball rolling quicker. Our Estimator will then prepare an itemised quotation for your new home consultant to present to you.
4. DEPOSIT: Onll pay an initial deposit and finalise any variations you may have.
5. ADMIN AND APPROVALS: Our drafting team will go ahead and draw up your architectural plans and your sales associate will arrange a meeting to present these to you. Once you’ve signed off on your plans, we prepare all documentation needed for the necessary Council / Certifier approvals and set about getting them for you.
6. SELECTIONS: Whilst your plans are awaiting approval, you will need to complete your colour selections. An appointment will be arranged with an experienced Colour Selection Coordinator to assist you in completing the documentation. You’ll visit our tile supplier showroom to select bathroom tiles too and do your electrical selection on line – this is the fun part!
7. FINAL APPROVALS AND CONTRACTS: When we receive your approved building plans, we arrange for the Principal Certifying Authority (PCA) to issue a construction certificate. Your Customer Service Officer will contact you to arrange a time to sign the building contract so we can get the construction underway.
8. CONSTRUCTION STARTS: We’ll contact you at specific stages to inspect the works. Work Heath Safety rules mean you cannot be on the site unaccompanied – your dedicated Construction Supervisor will make inspection appointments with you.
9. PROGRESS PAYMENTS: Along the way, commencing at the pouring of the concrete floor slab, we ask for progress payments. The amounts and stages will be detailed in your contract.
10. COMPLETION: On completion of your new home, your Construction Supervisor will arrange a final handover inspection. You then arrange for the final payment and collect the keys to your brand new home! Tell us when you’re moving and we’ll install and commission your appliances so they’re ready to go! Then it’s all up to you to make your house a home – celebrate and enjoy this wonderful experience. We also love to hear about your experience with us, so our team will be in touch for some feedback – but we’ll let you settle in first!